Your Wedding Checklist Part 2
In part 1 of our checklist we started with month 12 and what you needed to do at that one year mark and went all the way to month 10. Now we begin part 2 when you’re 9 months away from your wedding. As you could see in the first post there is so much to do when it comes to a wedding. Making sure you don’t miss anything is important. That’s why having a checklist can save the day because it helps ensure that you don’t miss anything when it comes to your special day.
9 MONTHS AWAY:
- You need to decide if you are going to have a full meal or simple finger foods at your wedding. That’s because it’s time to start looking at caterers if you’re going to use one for your wedding. Begin looking at what each caterer has to offer for food selection and get a quote so that you can make a decision later on who to choose. Be sure to find out the total price including delivery, set-up, take-down and clean up.
- Begin looking at wedding invitation styles and get prices.
- Begin thinking about your wedding cake. What style, design, flavor, etc. do you want?
- It’s time to gather the girls together and go try on those potential wedding dresses.
8 MONTHS AWAY:
- Here is one of the fun parts of preparing for your wedding – gift registry. Pick the stores you want to register at now and go scan those gifts. Pick a few stores in order to give your guests plenty to choose from.
- Begin researching bands or DJ’s for your wedding reception.
- If you are going to use a videographer then now is the time to research this area and settle on three potential videographers to look at.
- Begin looking at the bridesmaid and maid of honor dresses. Now is the time to look at style and colors. In addition find out how soon you need to order them as well as how long any alterations will take.
- Start looking into area bakeries and get quotes on the cake you want for your wedding. Be sure to set up a cake tasting so you know exactly what your guests will be eating on the big day.
- Order your save the date cards.
7 MONTHS AWAY:
- Begin looking at honeymoon destinations if you are taking time for a honeymoon.
- IT’S TIME! Yes, it’s time to buy your wedding dress and bridal party dresses.
- Place your order for your wedding flowers.
- It’s time to book your band or DJ as well as your photographer and/or videographer. For your musicians make sure they audition for you if you are using a band.
- Pay your deposit on your wedding cake and place your order.
- Send out your save the dates.
As you can see we are making progress in keeping you on track for your wedding day. So far we’ve taken care of some of the most important aspects of this big day. However don’t get comfortable because there is still so much to do.