Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations in Europe
Done with planning the wedding? Start planning your honeymoon..
Europe is without a doubt one of the most popular destinations for honeymooners. You got it all – the romantic cities, the sightseeing, the nightlife, the history and the culture! Taking into consideration that Europe is not a big continent and most of the countries are so small you can visit 4-5 countries during your honeymoon stay or if you chose to just relax, pick one city you like the most.
Here are the top 5 rated honeymoon destinations in Europe (the rank is in no particular order).
- Florence (or Firenze in Italian) – it is one of the most visited cities in Europe and it’s famous for its history. For all those art lovers out there, the city is also famous for its most museums and art galleries. Florence is surrounded by hills and it has a Mediterranean climate. If you visit in the fall, you can find the best seasonal foods available. Let’s don’t forget about pasta and vino!! Who doesn’t like good Italian wine (Barolo, Chianti, Montepulciano etc.) and pasta?
- Paris – the city of love, wine and cheese – romantic, sexy and more! It is so beautiful and it has amazing sightseeing – with so many interesting things to do and see around the city you probably need at least a month to see them all (maybe longer). Paris is situated on the Seine River, at the heart of the Île-de-France region. If you go to Paris, don’t miss the best masterpieces in the world: Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe etc. It is also known for its high-end boutiques and twice a year for its Fashion Show Week. The little french coffee shops are also amazing!
- Barcelona – think tapas and wine! Barcelona is the 2nd largest city in Spain. It has a Mediterranean climate and the best time to visit is: May – October. It has beautiful points of interest such as: the old city of Barcelona (Bari Gotic), Palau deal Musica Catalana, Facade of the Nativity and crypt of the Sagrada Familia and many more.
- Athens – it is such a beautiful and exotic city. Greece has the big cities but it also has some of the most beautiful and most expensive Islands in the world. Based on your mood (sightseeing or laying down on the beach) you can find it all!
- Prague – It is the capital and the largest city of Czech Republic (a small and beautiful country from Eastern Europe). The main attractions in Prague include: Prague Castle, the Charles Bridge, Old Town Square and many more. Prague is a very old city – in fact, it’s 1,100 years old – you can find a lot of culture and history. Prague is best known for its Gothic Art.